- This event has passed.
Hydrogen Sulfide & Respiratory Protection
Feb 12th @ 7:30 AM - 11:30 AM|Recurring Event (See all)
An event every month that begins at 7:30am on day Second of the month, repeating until December 31st, 2022 $160
An event every month that begins at 7:30am on day Second of the month, repeating until December 31st, 2022
4 hours | $160
Course Instructor: Atiya Syverson, MS, CIH, CSP, CPE with over 27 years’ experience.
This updated training meets the requirements of “ANSI/ASSE Z390.1 – 2017 Accepted Practices for Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Training Programs”. Training also complies with OSHA requirements for Respiratory Protection Training per 29 CFR 1910.134.
Minimum Course Content
- Sources of H2S
- Physical and Chemical Properties
- Incompatibilities and Reactivities
- Effects of Exposure (Human Physiology and Medical Evaluation)
- Symptoms of Exposure and Exposure limits
- Safe Work Practices
- Detection and Monitoring
- Engineering Controls
- PPE and Protective Measures
- Contingency Plans
- Rescue and Emergency Procedures
- Regulatory Requirements of OSHA's Respiratory Protection Standard
- Reasons for Respirator Use
- Respirator Capabilities & Limitations;
- How to Wear a Respirator
- Maintenance & Storage
- Respirator Inspection
- User Seal Checks & Proper Fit
- Emergency Situations/ Respirator Failure
- Medical Signs and Symptoms that may limit or prevent you from using a respirator
- Medical Clearance
- Voluntary Use of a Respirator
Certificate and Training Card
Each attendee will get a Certificate of Class Completion & a laminated wallet Training Card.
Notes: Class schedule subject to changes. Course may be cancelled if the minimum attendance is not reached.